Welcome to our weekly edition of what’s hot in IT certification news. To help you stay up-to-date with IT certifications, here are some of the news items that caught our attention.
CertRank helps you find out what certified people think about their certifications. The service is using an algorithm based on number of votes, how hard is to achieve a certification, how easy to find a job, achieved knowledge, income and respect.
The most popular certifications (number of votes after 607 votes) are:
1. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
2. Cisco Certified Network Professional Routing and Switching (CCNP RS)
3. Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching (CCIE RS)
4. ITIL V3 Foundation
5. CompTIA Security+
The highest scores have:
1. PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
2. ITIL V3 Expert
3. ITIL V3 Intermediate: Continual Service Improvement
4. ITIL V3 Intermediate: Service Strategy
5. Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching (CCIE RS)
I saw this list somewhere
We created this list in September 2012. Our last update was done two months ago. Now you can find additional cloud certifications: Rackspace Certified Technician from OpenStack (thanks Rakesh Mandava) and 4 new cloud certifications from VMware. Also Articura has only three cloud certifications, (on our list we include certifications in the development phase). As I see our list was good enough.
Very, very interesting list. Probably one of the more relevant lists.
- Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop (CCDH)
- Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)
- VMware VCP-Cloud
- Novell Identity Manager Administration
- Certified Information Security Manager
- CompTIA Secure Mobile Application Developer
- CompTIA Green IT
- EMC Data Science Associate (EMCDSA)
Interesting article, unfortunately written by co-chair of the European Advisory Board for (ISC)². There are lovers and haters of CISSP, but this certifications is still popular on the job market and will be for several years. Only certifications like CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) or Certified Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) from EC-Council can change that. Time will tell.
HP has launched big data training and certification for its HP Vertica analytics platform. The training is targeted at IT executives who’re keen on adding more skills to their resume. The training program focuses on structured, unstructured and semistructured data. HP had acquired Vertica Systems, an analytics database management software company, in March 2010 in a bid to expand its big data avenues.
And… I don’t know if she knows what she is reading, but… who cares