The MikroTik Certified Network Associate (MTCNA) certification is the first IT certification from the MikroTik portfolio.
MikroTik is a Latvian manufacturer of wireless equipment, networking devices and amazing operating system (for MikroTik routers) RouterOS.
MTCNA covers all networking basics from RouterOS, including routing, bridging, security, wireless configuration and much more.
This is a great certification that can prove your skills and is required for more advanced MikroTik certifications.
What Exams You Must Pass to Become a MTCNA
You must pass only one exam – MTCNA. Additionally, you must end an official training. The exam will be available to you online at the end of the training.
Format of the MTCNA Exam
After an official training, you must answer 25 single and multiple-choice questions (Passing score 50%). You have 1 hour for that.
Where You Can Pass the MTCNA Exam
You can pass the exam after an official training.
How Much Does the MTCNA Exam Cost
You cannot buy an access to the exam without an official training. An official training will cost you $500 – $1000 (depends on location and date).
How To Renew your MTCNA Certification
This certification is valid lifelong. You do not need to take another training or pass any other certification.
Scope of the MTCNA Exam
- RouterOS Basics
- RouterOS Firewall Configuration
- RouterOS QoS
- RouterOS Network Management
- RouterOS Wireless
- RouterOS Bridging
- RouterOS Routing
- RouterOS Tunnels
- You can find a detailed list of topics for the exam here
How To Prepare to the Exam
- Books that helps you with your preparation process:
- RouterOS by Example for $48
- You need at least two MikroTik routers for your training (if you prefer preparation before an official training). MikroTik routers are very cheap. You can buy them on Amazon (Mikrotik RB/750UP Mini-Router – $70 each). You need 3-4 routers to test almost everything from the book (RouterOS by Example). You can download the RouterOS software (for free) from the official website.
Examples of Job Opportunities
If you interested with sharing your success story with MTCNA please contact me.
Questions and Answers
Q: Can my employer check I have the MTCNA certification?
A: Yes, he/she can use this link.