The SAS Certified Professional Program currently includes seven levels of globally recognized certifications for SAS software users. In every case, to earn a SAS Certified Professional, one must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of SAS software and pass one or more exams.
SAS Certified Base Programmer is an entry-level certification from SAS Institute. The certification is also the starting point as a requirement in the advanced programming certification track. The actual version of the certification is based on SAS 9.2.
SAS expects that the successful candidate needs at least 8 months of intensive use of the base SAS system.
What Exams You Must Pass to Become SAS Certified Base Programmer
You must pass only one exam – SAS Base Programming for SAS9 – A00-211. You do not need any other requirements to become a SAS Certified Base Programmer.
Format of the Exam
You must answer 70 single and multi-choice questions. The passing score is equal to 65% and you have 2 hours to end the exam.
Where You Can Pass the SAS Certified Base Programmer Exam
How Much Does the SAS Certified Base Programmer Exam Cost
The exam costs $180 plus taxes. If you are a full-time student or you work at the university you can receive 50% discount (more about it in QA section on this page).
How To Renew Your SAS Certified Base Programmer Certification
The SAS Certified Base Programmer certification does not expire, but it is valid for the certain version of the SAS software. In this case you will be a SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9.
Scope of the SAS Certified Base Programmer exam
You must know how to work with SAS 9.3:
- Accessing Data
- Creating Data Structures
- Managing Data
- Generating Reports
- Handling Errors
Ac actual scope of the SAS Certified Base Programmer exam you can find on the official website.
How To Prepare to the Exam?
- SAS Certification Prep Guide: Base Programming for SAS 9 for $106
- If you live in US or Canada you can buy an access to the SAS software for education purposes $200
- If you have an access to the software and want to install it, a great tutorial about the installation of SAS 9.3 on Windows you can find on a University of Guelph page
- Official Trainings
- If you start with the SAS software you can choose two-trainings path. SAS Programming 1: Essentials – 24 hours of E-Learning for $750 or 3 days of instructor-led training for $1500. SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques – 24 hours of E-Learning for $900 or 3 days of instructor-led training for $1800.
- If you have an experience you can choose the SAS Certification Review: Base Programming for SAS9 training – two-day instructor-led training for $1000.
- If you live in US or Canada you can receive a great discount when you buy a bundle
- Practice Questions
Examples of Job Opportunities
If you interested with sharing your success story with SAS Certified Base Programmer please contact me.
Questions and Answers
Q: I have heard about SAS Global Certified Professional Directory. What is that?
A: SAS Global Certified Professional Directory is an online database of all engineers who hold the SAS certifications. When you pass the SAS Certified Base Programmer exam, SAS will add you automatically to the database.
Q: How can I receive a 50% discount for the exam?
A: If you are a full-time student or you work at the university you can receive the discount. Just send an of an electronic copy of proof of your affiliation (letter with department head’s or other administrator’s signature) via e-mail to [email protected] They will send you a discount code which you can use during a registration to the exam.
Q: Will I receive a real certificate?
A: Unfortunately SAS does not send certifications after the exam. Only a PDF version is available.